Please note that you must have PAID your subs in order to be covered by the insurance.
For the INSURANCE CLAIM FORM: Click here.
North Kildare Hockey Club
Personal Accident/Medical Expense Insurance programme for 2019/20 Season
What is covered? Permanent Injury and Personal Accident Cover
SCHEDULE OF COMPENSATION – PART A PERSONAL ACCIDENT or PERSONAL ACCIDENT and ILLNESS
COMPENSATION PAYABLE IN RESPECT OF ACCIDENT
1. DEATH EUR 25,000
2. LOSS OF SIGHT OF ONE OR BOTH EYES EUR 25,000
3. LOSS OF ONE OR MORE LIMBS EUR 25,000
4. PERMANENT TOTAL LOSS OF SPEECH EUR 25,000
5. PERMANENT TOTAL LOSS OF HEARING
A) IN ONE EAR EUR 6,250
B) IN BOTH EARS EUR 25,000
6. PERMANENT TOTAL DISABLEMENT EUR 25,000
7. TEMPORARY TOTAL DISABLEMENT Not Covered
8. TEMPORARY PARTIAL DISABLEMENT Not Covered
9. MEDICAL EXPENSES EUR 1,500
10. PHYSIOTHERAPY EUR 250
Medical Expenses and Dental Expenses incurred will be paid in addition by the Underwriters up to but not exceeding a Sum Insured of €1,500, subject to an inner limit of €250 in respect of physiotherapy expenses (each Insured Person): -
1. If in respect of such Medical Expenses and Dental Expenses the Assured or an Insured Person shall recover any payment under any other insurance, the Underwriters shall only be liable for the difference between such recovery and the total cost of such expenses incurred, not exceeding the Sum Insured shown above.
2. Excluding claims for Dental Expenses unless such expenses are incurred as a direct result of Bodily Injury sustained by an Insured Person due to an Accident to sound and natural teeth only.
3. Excluding the first €100 each and every claim.
COMPENSATION PAYABLE IN RESPECT OF ILLNESS
11. LOSS OF SIGHT OF BOTH EYES Not Covered
12. PERMANENT TOTAL DISABLEMENT BY PARALYSIS Not Covered
13. TEMPORARY TOTAL DISABLEMENT Not Covered
14. MEDICAL EXPENSES Not Covered
What are the conditions?
• Must be a fully paid up registered member of the North Kildare Club.
(Standing orders treated as fully paid up)
• All injuries to be diagnosed by a GP and certified
Who is covered?
(1) Playing or officiating for the Hockey Club at home or away fixtures.
(2) Taking part in training organised by Hockey Club.
(3) Taking part in any social activity organised by the Hockey Club.
(4) Proceeding directly to and returning from the Hockey Clubs away fixtures as part of an
organised party, under the Hockey Clubs auspices, using private cars, motor coaches of
public transport, but excluding aircraft of motor cycles.
Does the policy provide oversees coverage?
Yes, sanctioned events only, should have travel cover.
Is this coverage 24/7?
No, the policy is intended for sporting purposes and related activities.
For example you would not be covered going to the shop on your bike.
How do I make a claim?
Phone insurance brokers on 01-639 5800 and a form is issued.
Broker will contact club to get confirmation that injured party is a registered member.
O’Driscoll O’Neil Ltd. Incorporated Insurance Brokers.
Directors: Niall O’Driscoll, Tim O’Driscoll, Robert J. Walsh, Declan Troy
Reg. Office: 39-40 Upper Mount Street, Dublin 2. Reg. No 103103
O’Driscoll O’Neil Ltd. t/a O’Driscoll O’Neil is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland